1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stihl 600 blower rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gatormowing, Apr 4, 2006.

1. gatormowing

gatormowing LawnSite Member

Anyone out there know where to get a rack to hold br600 blower. With the handle at the top I hung it on my jungle jim blower rack. Worked fine until a get squeezed off the side of the road in a construction area. The trailer wheel falls into a big hole,everything on the trailer takes a big bounce. At the next stop,I grab the blower and it feels weird. Looking closer I see the big plastic plate that everything mounts to is broken in several places. Went to the dealer to order replacement back plate and asked if he had a rack for the br600. He said no, nobody makes one. Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

TrimmerTrap makes one just for the BR500/550/600. It's the ST-2. I have one.
  3. gatormowing

Thanks for the info, Richard!
  4. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Try Gridiron by Novae Corp. Theirs holds the blower by the sides of the back plate.
  5. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the blower ? Im also considering the new shindaiwa 79cc
  6. bnorton

bnorton LawnSite Member

You can also order them on Northern Tools website. Just for the info, probably a little cheaper than the trimmer trap one. Good quality racks too. I have two of them for my Stihl BR420s.
  7. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Does the 600 use an adapter for the Jungle Jim Rack like the BR420?
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

9. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I actually like the trimmer racks and the BP blower holder enough to consider getting it in the future...You can add on later and it is pretty versatile...
  10. gatormowing

The br600 has a handle at the top that held it on the Jungle Jim rack. The problem is the back of the blower is curved at the top and doesn't hang straight down. The weight of the blower rests against the rack on the curve of the back plate. Bouncing around while driving broke the plate. $65.00 later I decided to find something better.