Stihl 90 Kombi Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagmower48, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Stihl 90 Kombi 4mix unit. I bought the unit brand new with the edger attachment and the power paddle attachment. It was wet out today so I just tried it for about 2 minutes. I had the paddle attachment on and while sweeping the lawn the debris was going backwards instead of forwards. My question is, is there something wrong, or does this unit not have enough power. Maybe I shoulld have bought the bigger unit.

2. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

somone has to have an opinion, im considering bringing it back to the dealer

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl would not make a piece of equipment and then enable it to use a specific attachment only to have that attachment not work on it. If you can't figure it out I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it, they will be able to help you the best.

4. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

If I have to stay with 4mix, I 'll get a KM130!!! I still prefer a 2 cycle!!:waving:

5. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Turn the gearhead 180 degrees---it's upside down the way they delivered to you. My dealer did the same to me---loosen the two screws, pull it off, then reattach 180 degrees from it's original position.

6. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

yep if the shaft is fit properly ( and i know they can only go in one way with the little notch on the shaft, then the head needs to be turned. If you want take it to your dealer and make them do it, its probabyl easier to do yourself but to make them aware of the situation.

OR YOU CAN JUST KEEP FILLING YOUR BOOTS WITH SAND AND WALKING BACKWARDS?!