Stihl Accessories?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Aug 20, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I have a brand new stihl FS85 trimmer, and my question is if I were to put an attchment, (say an edger!), when I put the trimmer head on when I'm done, will it be less effective, in other words, will putting an attchment on damage anything, I am a little weary about it!, It did cost 300 bucks and I don't want to break anything!:rolleyes: :confused:

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

per the Stihl rep - this will not be a problem. Dumb question, what does your owners manual say????????

3. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

Im guessing that it wont reck anything. If it did i really dont think that they would sell it. Just look at the owners manual or talk to your dealer for more of an idea.

4. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

i just purchased an fs85 trimmer with a 20" hedgetrimmer attachment a few weeks ago.paid for itself in less then a days worth of work.the thing is just plain awsome!
    accord to stihl the fs85 is the best trimmer to use when using other stihl attachments due to the solid steel shaft.

5. QuadRacer041

forgot the picture

mvc-010s.jpg

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I have a red max trimmer that I put on the hedge trimmer attachment and have been doing it for 3 years now with no problems... So Stihl should be even better.........

7. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Hey you Stihl FS85 owners, How do you like it for trimming ? Is it smooth, no vibrations ?? Thinking of swtching over the them since the new Red maxs cause instant carporal tunnel sydrom ( not kidding ) Want something nice and smooth like the old red max's ......

8. QuadRacer041

fs85 is fine, do not get the fs80, it has a flex shaft and vibrates like crazy.

9. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

I have 2-FS85 and they are great. I have the power broom and angle hedge trimmer. Just make sure that the keystock is firmly in place before you tighten it down and go when you change. As far as vibrations, minimum. Nice and smooth.

10. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

I bought an fs85 split boom w/ long hedge trimmer and cultivator attachments. It's mad heavy w/ the hedge trimmer on it. I have no clue why there's an off switch on it as it dies at idle after about ten seconds. For a tool w/ the word PRO slapped all over it I have found it to be nothing short of a total pos. Sorry to get off topic I just needed to vent.

-Dave