1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl am\fm headphones????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4curbappeal, Sep 18, 2007.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of these? My dealers that carry Stihl do not have them. Thank you!
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

never heard of them. might try ebay
  3. 4curbappeal

Thanks, but nothing on ebay. They are however on the Stihl website.
  4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

ask them to order you a pair. Mine didn't carry them either, until I read about them on here and asked for a pair. I will share this though, they are just ok in my opinion. I have had problems with 2 pairs now. I bought them in late July and they stopped working by the 3 week of August, no power at all. no idea why either. I took them back and they gave me another pair, I took them back today. :hammerhead: They are shorting out in one ear. When they work they are great (other then being big, bulky and making your ears sweat). I am thinking about trying something else truthfully. Only telling you this so you know what kind of problems exist with them. If you find something out there that you like and works good for you please let me know, shoot me a pm.
  5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Radio Shack model "12-932" are excellent radio headphones. They are hot in the summer but have never failed to deliver great sound while working or attending sporting events. Great product. :usflag:
  6. mnsnow

mnsnow LawnSite Member

AO Safety sells a pair - I think they are normally about $50 - sometimes you can get them on sale 20% off. I bought mine a little over a year ago and they still work. They do make your ears sweat.
  7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

www.raceceiver.com order you a pair of the foam earphones..work like earplugs. I use em with my mp3 phone with yahoo music unlimited..$120/year and get to listen to all the music I want. great deal if you ask me.
  8. jbhofc

jbhofc LawnSite Member

first time replying, so forgive if this ends up in the wrong place.
    Being a former D.J. through college and new to the mowing scene ( I am a teacher, but just bought a "fixer-upper")
    I felt like I could chime in on this one.
    For use when farming on the tractor, I "made" my own headphones--kind of.
    I got really sick of the AM-FM stuff and use my Mp3 all the time. Only too noisey on tractor.
    I took an old pair of noise reducing headphones, and placed them over my foam ear piece head phones that came with Mp3 player and worked great.
    Then, over the winter, I notice "Dicks" a sporting goods store in Indiana had Mp3 speakers (appr. 1" around) that you could slide into your earmuffs for listening in the winter---yup, you guessed it--come spring the $20.00 headphones were on clearance for $3.00. I bought 5 sets, took a new pair of premium grade hearing protection headphones and pulled the foam out of each side, hot glued a speaker in each side, made a slight saw curf down bottom to allow speaker wire to exit each side. Then just plug my Mp3 into. Sounds Awesome, and saves the battery big-time on Mp3 as the volume isn't jacket to full.
    Hope this will help someone out there Mark.
  9. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

The sweat is what's shorting out the HP's. I have a pair from Lowes that work fine but when it was 100ยบ last month, sweat would pour out of'em when I took them off. After they dried out overnight they'd work again.

Long day for me if they get forgotten, for sure.
  10. 4curbappeal

Thank you brother! great idea! Also, I love Sycamore Hills GC!