Stihl attachments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clallen03, Oct 15, 2006.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Im thinking of buying the stihl equipment with the attachments because I could use another trimmer and a pole saw. What are you'll opinions on this type of equipment?

Thanks for you help:)

2. I have a Stihl 110 with a chainsaw and hedge trimmer attachment. I'm very well satisfied with them.
    I didn't buy the "quick attach" models.
    Mine require a "star" drive tool to attach them. But one tool was included with each attachment so I have plenty of them. I don't see how it could be any quicker or easier. Nothing to take off. Just loosten a couple of screws and slip off the attachment.
    I really didn't want the joint in the middle of the shaft, because that's where you hold the tool a lot when you're using the shrub trimmer. I really like the shrub trimmer a lot for big shrubs. It's so nicely balanced with the cutters on one end and the motor on the other. Much better than power trimmers that you need to hold at arm's length.

3. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The advantage of using the attachment series is the ability to add a three foot extension to the polesaw attachment for better reach. Very good machine.

4. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

We use ours almost every day. It may be the best money I've ever spent on equipment.