Stihl Auto cut heads Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TMAC669, May 11, 2008.

1. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I'm running .130 Echo brand trimwire through the autocut heads, the problem I'm having is the head will not seat the wire, so the wire flies out constantly which is a pain in the you know what. Any one else having this problem?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

That's some big line for a Stihl auto cut. Unless you modify the head I don't know what to tell you.

3. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

.130 is almost too big to wrap around that spool inside, Did you drill out the eyes of the spool where you insert the twine?

4. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Its the type of head where you cut the wire and push it into the head. Once you push it in the head you are supposed to pull it the other way to seat the wire. The problem is the wire isn't seating securely, so as soon as the wire hits anything it comes flying out.

5. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

Exactly and I had some .130 twine hanging around that I had been meaning to try so I just went out and put it in my fs90R. I think its too much after trying it out, for what its worth do not drill all the way through the inside of the spool holder inside, the bump will not go up and down to allow the twine to feed out.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think those are junk.....even when you get it to stay then it will break off such that it is tough to get the stub out. Apprently dirt gets into the thing. Interesting I never had trouble with it staying put it in a little further.