1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Auto Feed Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brian mon, May 6, 2004.

1. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Didn't realize this....just found out from my dealer that Slihl doesn't make the Auto feed head any more...

The only thing out there is replacement parts...and when there gone thats it. Dont know what there going to come up with, but I'm going to baby mine and get as many replacement parts as I can...I think there the greatest thing since the string trimmer!!!
  2. VolRog

VolRog LawnSite Member

Hey Brian. I have a Stihl FS-40 1996 model. I called yesterday to get a replacement auto feeding head for it. 2 of my local dealers have them. It is called an Auto Cut 11-2. It should cost about $25. What Model do you have? I'll check to see if we have what you need here in Nashville, TN.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

wow that is a shame, the auto- cut head is the best Ive ever had
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

do they come on the fs110s? i jus baught an fs110 last sunday. does this mean i dont have to tap the head? or is this an aftermarket product i would have to get? sorry, its prolly a dumb question.