1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Autocut 25-2 Trimmer Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1st Class Lawns, Mar 25, 2004.

1. 1st Class Lawns

1st Class Lawns LawnSite Member

I bought a Stihl FS 110R this year after using Echo for 12 years. The power of the 4-Mix Stihl is awsome compared to Echo but the Echo trimmer head seems to be superior to the Stihl.
    The problem is, normally one side of the Stihl trimmer head does not feed out.
    I have re-wound the string as carefully as possible (according to the Micky Mouse instructions and the way it was originally wound) and still have the same problem. A few times I have finished up with one string cutting.
    Is the problem with the trimmer head or my not knowing what I am doing?
    I have thought about going to A Kwik Loader.
    Any Ideas?
    1st Class Lawn Service
  2. CaptainslawnCare

CaptainslawnCare LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Those trimmer heads are just a pain. When I would sell a stihl to a customer I would usually try to get them to buy the "rapid loader" head from echo.
    But I warn you....make sure that model doesnÂ’t need the adapter. Another note: If the head is not perfectly centered it will cause a small vibration and cook up the gearbox real quick.
  3. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

never had a problem with the 25-2 head use them on all my weedeaters
  4. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

We use the 30-2 heads and have no problems with them.
  5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I use them too and never had a problem. Once you get used to them loading is a breeze.
  6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Mine is a breeze to load and i never had any problems
  8. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

Well then the trouble isnt the head, its the operator.
  9. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I have not had any problems with the 25-2 heads, but I do not run Stihl line in them. In my opinion, the Stihl line does not wind very well and seems to "weld" pretty easily. If you don't want to change heads, try the Husqvarna Titanium line. IMO, it is absolutely awesome for feeding and longevity.
  10. 1st Class Lawns

1st Class Lawns LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feed back.
    Sounds like I just need more practice but I think I will try another brand line before changing heads.
    1st Class Lawn Service