Stihl back pack blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeff K, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Jeff K

Jeff K LawnSite Member
    from Erie PA

I went and tried the Stihl back pack blower. I can't remember what number it was. It was the biggest one Stihl makes. I was amazed at how powerful it was. I was wondering how many of you use this big one or if a smaller stihl would still be enough. I don't mind buying the big one but if it's over kill I will buy a smaller one. What do you guys think?
  2. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

BR600, we have 4, great blowers, very quiet and you never have too much power in a blower.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I agree....if it seems too strong then let off the throttle some......rather have too much blower than not enuff
  4. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

i love my stihl and ours are the little 1
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

never did understand what people ment by too much power,
    I have this issue with line trimmers, the guys say it's heavy, its too powerfull.

Well DUH, my truck will go 125 MPH, but you dont see me driving it that fast do you ?

Just let off a bit.

But you have the power when you need it
  6. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, ive got a 550 and its a sweeet machine!
  7. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a BR600 back in October of last year and I love it. I agree, you can never have to much power in a blower, that's why they give you a throttle.
  8. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

ive use a br600 and the 550 both geat, but i liked the 600 for the extra power when you need it
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Definately the BR600. I don't understand why they even make all the smaller models??? Why even bother saving $50 for a blower that dosn't have the MOST power availble?

I like my BR600, but I wish it had even more power. If I'm blowing a lot of leaves I run it with my right hand and run a handheld blower with my left hand. Direct both of those nozzles into one place and it's like a hurricane!
  10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to see Stihl make a BR650 or BR700 with a bigger engine to have comparable air volume to Shindaiwa's EB8520 of 813 CFM compared to the BR600's 712 CFM.