Stihl back pack help?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Heavenly Green, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can find a adapter for hanging the stihl from a rack. I have a jungle jim gear caddy double tower blower rack but the way the hole is mounted on the blower makes it near to impossible to hang on the rack. I know some company use to sell some kind of adapter hook for these things I saw them a few yrs ago. But now the dealer where I saw them claims to have know idea what Im talking about he just keeps trying to sell me trimmer traps special stihl blower holder but thats not what I want. somebody must know what I'm talking about here.

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

go to the manufactures website and order it from him. I have the same setup. The bracket is pricey. I paid 13 dollars. I could have made it myself. It is basicaly a couple of u-bolts welded to a piece of steel with a hole drilled to mount it to your backpack frame, comes with bracket and nuts and bolts.
    www.junglejimsap.com

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i used to have an old stihl BP a while back and i just drilled a hole throught the plastic plate and it fit on the rack fine....have since went strictly with redmax and havent even looked at a new stihl and am not sure if that would still work.

4. Heavenly Green

Eric,
    Ya me too I drilled a bigger hole in my old one so it would fit its two yrs old now and split open to the top. I just found what I was looking for from power41.com Funny trimmer trap sells an adapter for $9.99 jungle jims also sells an addapter for $20 So I just ordered another gear caddy double blower tower and 2 of trimmer traps adapters. Funny How easy it was to buy from internet when none of the dealers here had a clue.
    Hey do you know Lawn Image?

5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Lawn Image doesnt ring a bell.....they must be a new company or something.

6. Heavenly Green

Eric Rezendez ring a bell reason I ask is cuz he said he knew you pretty well and his trailer full of equip got stolen last yr. Well Im buying his company and just figured I check what he said to see if hes truthfull.

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

I do remeber him....i took a busness class a couple of years back at schoolcraft and he was in it.....I didnt know that that was the name of his company. yeah hes a good guy, havent talked to him in a while.

8. Heavenly Green

Going to commercials open house? If so maybe Ill see ya there.

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a Stihl BR400 for many years and used a very simple to make holder for it. Go get yourself 1 pc of 1 1/2 " angle iron 12 " long, 2 pcs of 3/4" steel rod each 10" long, 2 pcs of 1" sq tube each 5" long. Take a look at the picture and go find a welder. As you can see from the pic mine was bolted on originally, but you can weld it on if you wish. I now have a Kawi blower and can't use this setup anymore. The thing that was nice about it was the fact that I could start the blower and then face away from the trailer and put my arms behind me and walk backwards into it. Kinda like putting on a coat. I know it sounds complicated but it was one smooth flowing movement. Just reverse the process to put it back on the trailer. Total cost (if you have a welder)....about $2.00

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Opps........forgot the pic

p1010050.jpg