Stihl Bed "re"-definer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TriCityLawnCareLLC, Jan 31, 2013.

1. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

I just saw it today in Turf magazine. It's an attachment for the Kombi system. I looked up some youtube videos but apparently it's too new as of yet. I did see and echo bed definer and a home-made job that worked really well even creating new edges.

I called my dealer today and they just got some in. If anyone has/gets experience with one of these, let me know. I'm extremely interested in one. The go for $250. I went to the Stihl website but couldn't find any info on them.:usflag:

-Matthew

2. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Subscribed for info!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Me too......

4. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Me three.......

5. TriCityLawnCareLLC

from Ohio

I'm going to my dealer to check on out tomorrow. Should we tempt to try it on frozen ground I'll get some photos and video.

6. jlong10

jlong10 LawnSite Member

I hope you get a chance to try it out. I want to see how well it actually works. The only information I could find on it was on turf magazines website:

"Stihl Offers New Attachment for KombiSystem
    The Stihl KBD-KM bed redefiner is the newest attachment for the STIHL KombiSystem, which offers 14 multitask tool attachments, all powered by a STIHL KombiMotor (KM).

The KBD-KM features a professional "open" guard design to minimize clogging, easily adjustable depth wheel to control the cut, and cost-effective cutting geometry blade.

The unit features a "line of sight" indicator for precise control, solid drive shaft for increased torque and durability, deflector with a thermoplastic elastomer inlay for wear resistance, and skid plate to help protect gearbox"

Recommended for professional use with the STIHL KM 130 R, but can also be used with the KM 90 R and KM 110 R KombiMotors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  7. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

8. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer ordered four, does not have them yet. Offered me a month long demo once the weather breaks. He said the rep says it works awesome but what else is the rep going to say? Lol

9. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

That unit looks interesting, I'm in Canada and its not on the site yet, any more pictures would be great.

10. TriCityLawnCareLLC

from Ohio

Here are a couple pics. Too cold out to try. My dealer said his rep assured him that it's the "cat's meow". So, hopefully:usflag:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG