Stihl Bed "re"-definer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TriCityLawnCareLLC, Jan 31, 2013.

1. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think for commercial properties the edges will be ok, but for residential they would likely need a touch up to make then a little sharper.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I hit it with the re-definer, then went back and beveled the edge with a string trimmer, made it look perfect. still only took 1/3 of the time as hand edging.

3. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

I've used mine a good bit now and I have to say it does pretty good. I've used it on my personal beds while the soil was wet and it still did pretty well. I'm running the 130 as well, haven't tried it on my 90 yet. I think it would definitely work on the 90, just maybe not as good as the 130 in harder soils.

4. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Hey boatcapt, when u get a chance could u pls try it on ur 90? I'd like to know if it will do the job. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Rexdale Grass

Rexdale Grass LawnSite Member

work amazing on the km 110 in wet soil had to scrape it out but that was expected

6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Not sold on the reports and the images.

I'll stick with the yard boss head on my 90. Even in wet conditions it's no issue.

That and I like versatile equipment, not just a one use type of deal.

7. THIESSENS TLC

I got the KM110 this morning since it was on sale, had to get the bed re-definer ordered because they were all sold out. So I will add another review to the thread when I'm able to use it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. properlandscaping

properlandscaping LawnSite Member

Does not throw the dirt back into the bed when wet. In dry conditions it works well. Still saves a ton of time, even with wet soil. I will post some pics when I have a change to take some. Still trying to catch up from all the rainouts.

9. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

I picked this up today and put it on my 110. When the soil is dry it is flawless. When the soil is wet it likes to get jammed up in the guard, so you have to shut it off clean it etc. We tried spraying something on the inside of the shield to help with sticking but it really only made cleaning it off a little easier. Overall I'm still happy with the purchase and know for sure it is already better than any other method of edging I have tried.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. THIESSENS TLC

Yup, not the greatest in wet soil. But dry soil...it works great! Love this attachment! These things are sellin like hotcakes!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device