Stihl Bed "re"-definer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TriCityLawnCareLLC, Jan 31, 2013.

1. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

Also sucks when the ground is slightly damp. Clogs up full of mud.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

You need a true bed edger to cut new edges the redefiner is only for maintaining pretty much the consensus. Unless you just have the money to blow I wouldn't run out and buy one.

3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Definitely wont be able to use this one in the condition that the ground is in around here right now. Very wet. It will just clog up with mud and the edge wont be sharp at all.

4. GreenCowboy

GreenCowboy LawnSite Member
    from MN

I know it’s a stretch but does anyone think the new KM94 can run this thing? On paper it has the same power as the 90.

5. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

i seriously doubt it. It may spin the blade but once you hit any serious resistance I bet it won't have the power. But that is just my assumption and may be completely wrong
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

110 and 130 runs all attachments this will be one of my next attachment purchases

I run a 110 also 90 is limited on use.

7. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

I like Stihl products but this thing is a POS. Complete waste of money. Wish I hadn't bought it. It just hangs in the shop reminding me to wait and read reviews on things before purchasing.

8. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

What do find to be a problem with it?

What are you using to power it is the real question?

9. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

Using a 130 to run it. Least bit of moisture and it's packed up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

All is not lost buy an edger blade and the edger guard and boom you have an edger. For me, this thing is best mid summer for those customers who just have to have their beds re edged, even after mulch. Just run the redefiner around and zap the edges on edge with trimmer and it looks great