1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Bed "re"-definer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TriCityLawnCareLLC, Jan 31, 2013.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I can't wait to see how this thing works almost bought the echo unit last year until I read PE's review, hopefully the stihl unit will be much better someone hurry up and let us know LOL I have a kombi 110 head with a edger attachment hopefully it is big enough.

2. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

I'm post from the mobile so you'll need to copy and paste the following link:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aUyOeHdAajc

It's not the Sthil blade but interesting non the less
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

ill be buying one of these as soon as they come out. I have been wanting something like this. I just wasn't going to pay a crazy amount for a bed edger from echo. I have the 130 r kombi and we use it a lot. Its a very good piece to have. We mainly use it to trim tall bushes and saw limbs with the pole pruner attachment. When we plant annual flowers we always use the cultivator attachment to till in the dirt and just place the flowers in by hand. I can't see us with out this unit.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Not sold on the blade, and not just the blade itself, but the blade speed.

I'm sticking with my yard boss tiller head with the tines off of one side.

Personally I think they should design something around the gearing of the tiller head.

5. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Ok im in....LOL...subscribing to see more of this item. I need something like this to freshen up bed edges instead of the the handheld shovel method....uggg

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

8. larryinalabama

Last time I checked its possible to own more than one power head, I actually have 2. I can change out attachments faster than you can grab the next single unit off your rack.

9. larryinalabama

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

looks like a better option than a claw type blade like the echo, and i am a huge echo fan. i just am not sold on their redefiner so never got one. however, the cost is high if you dont already own a stihl power head. we dont run or want to run stihl trimmers etc. hmmmm