Stihl BG 65C

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Mar 16, 2004.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I bought this hand-held today from my uncle which is a stihl dealer, paid 199 for it, what do you think about this model for commercial use? Has a mph rating of 174mph.
  2. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

I have the Stihl 65 and like it alot. It puts out like 400+cfm at the tube. Not too bad for a handheld. I bought this because I only use it for very short periods of time. Couldn't see spending $400+ on a backpack.

Good Luck.
  3. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a stihl bg85 handheld. Very nice for a handheld IMO. I have 2 commercial backpacks but the handheld is nice for really tight spots where you can't get into (between bushes etc), for quick uses that will take less than ten seconds, and sometimes for blowing equipment off.

$200 for the bg65? Heck, I got my bg85 for the same exact price...and my uncle wasn't a dealer. Doesn't he give you a little discount:D
  4. GreenMachine102

he started at 218, and brought it down to 199, he is a small dealer, and can't compete with a major chain!
  5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I also bought another BG85 last month.Paid $199. Good machines our old one is 6 years old now, semi retired. The 65 is more of a homeowner unit.
  6. GreenMachine102

Thats pretty nice isn't it!, He charged me for the BG 85, and I got the BG 65, I am going to take it back and get the 85 for 18 dollars more he sells it for 218. I really should had gone to Burke Equipment where I got my Exmark instead of dealing with a 90 year old man with deep pockets!
  7. GreenMachine102

Today i went back to my uncles shop, and took my BG 65 C, hand-held blower, and got a BG 85 C it is more of a commercial model.