Stihl BG 85D or Redmax HBZ2600 Hand Held Blower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Talon1189, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

I have narrowed down my search between the Stihl BG 85D and the Redmax HBZ2600 for a new hand blower :confused: I will be using the blower to clean out residential gutters + the cleanup on the bottom side only :) Money is no issue as I want the most powerful blower + reliability :drinkup: I know that the Stihl has a catalitic converter.......I am not sure about the Redmax blower :confused: Which one should I buy? Thanks! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I would buy the Redmax

3. Talon1189

Sawman..........you keep recommending the Redmax blower. Do you have one? Why should I get the Redmax? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, The "new" Stihl BG's are sick - so the government will allow people in California to use them. I'd buy the Redmax. :usflag:

5. Talon1189

Do the Redmax's have the same emissions as the Stihl ?? Why should I get the Redmax?

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

my experience with these blowers is this. I run the ebz2600 blower and my neighbor is also a lawncare business owner and he is all stihl. sometimes when we get behind we work together and share equipment. he was really impressed with the power of the hand held redmax. he still runs his stihl trimmers but has swithched to redmax blowers both the ebz2600 and the ebz800 backpack. next i think i will let him use one of my redmax trimmers who knows he might make another switch.

just my little bit of info.:waving:

7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Did you get a blower yet?

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I would get the Redmax because it has a stratocharged engine and 2 year commercial warranty.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I agree. Redmax makes nice blowers.

10. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I've been happy w/ the performance of both manufacturers, but the only Redmax I had broke down as soon as the warranty was up.