1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Blower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by re151731, Jan 9, 2006.

1. re151731

re151731 LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a quality hand held blower.I have been looking at the Stihl BG85. Based on what I have read so far I am pretty impressed. Can I get your opinions on this blower or one that you would recomend?

Thanks in advance
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Good choice we run both Stihl and Echo and like the new Stihl a lot.
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a stihl bg55, I wanted a bg85 but the dealer was out of stock the day I really needed one. Ive been rather impressed with the 55. According to the specs the 85 should be a real power house compared to the 55

5. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

For handheld I use the Stihl 85 that came with the vac attachment also. I perfer the Echo's for backpacks thou.
  6. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

I have a BG 85 and its a great blower, starts second pull every time. Plenty of power and well made.
  7. re151731

re151731 LawnSite Member

If I were going to do some vacuuming with the blower/vacuum.Would you recommend the sh85 vs the bg85. By the time you purchase the vac kit for the bg85 you are at the price for the sh85.Also does the sh85 have as much blower output as the bg85.Thx
  8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

redmax 2300 -awesume hand held blower
  9. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I would recomend the redmax hbz2600, awsome hand hand held blower, lots of power and its strato charged also.
  10. irishgoldcleanups

irishgoldcleanups LawnSite Member