Stihl Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drains, May 1, 2008.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

Anybody here used the blower attachment for the Stihl kombi system? If so how did you like it? I saw a video on it but couldnt tell as much about it as you can in real life usage. Also how much does it cost? Thanks

2. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Works great. paid 129.99

3. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

megaditto.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Why? why would you need that attachment? I can never see a time I would wish I had that. Its nifty, but a waste IMO.

5. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I have demoed the attachment on the KM55R, KM90R, and KM130R. The 130 is the only powerhead that can really make the attachment worthwhile. I'm a stihl dealer and really like their products but you better have a at least a 110 if not the 130 if you want that attachement to work well.

6. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 130, and just starting my business with absolutely no cash to invest I had to penny pinch. The blower attachment is great as a backup, or temporary blower until you can afford a good backpack blower.

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

That makes sense, didn't think of it from that point of view. I guess $150 beats $550 for a new br600....

8. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

i hope you didnt pay 550 for yours there 450 here

9. drains

drains LawnSite Member

So would it be powerful enough for blowing grass clippings off of sidewalks and driveways and such? Not planning on using it for leaf cleanups etc.

10. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

what i heard from my dealer is that with the most powerful combi head its almost as powerful as the br600