Stihl BR 320 Back pack blower problems...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Kohls Landscaping Co, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

Hello...

I had a question about one of my Stihl BR 320 back pack blowers. Whenever I try and give it full throttle, it only puts out about 1/3 of full throttle. Sometimes, if I hold the throttle down all the way, the engine will die down to where it will actually shut off. Any suggestions??

I've put in a new spark plug and the air filter is cleaned weekly.

I've been reading previous post and I'm gonna try and clean the 'spark filter screen' (sorry, don't remember what it's exactly called).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

-Dave

2. longslawn

longslawn LawnSite Member

Clean the spark arrester screen, You may need to clean out carbon in muffler.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Same blower, same problem , take the screen off exhaust run full throtttle for a few min. and it should be fine.

Mac

4. Kohls Landscaping Co

Thanks guys!

I'll try it out next time i'm home from school to work. I'll let ya know if that 's the problem.

Thanks again.

-Dave

5. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

Take the screen out of the muffler and burn it with a butane torch or clean it with a wire brush until you can see through the mesh and reinstall it. The screens clog from not running the unit wide open, to rich of gas, or using low octane or quality fuel.

6. Kohls Landscaping Co

Thanks for the help so far. I am going home next weekend to work. However, I am wondering what would be the best way to clean out the carbon buildup inside the muffler? Thanks!

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Don't clean it just, throw it away it will run fine without it.