stihl br 320

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jlc31, Nov 10, 2003.

1. jlc31

jlc31 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

every time i do a leaf project with my blower when i shut it off i cant get it to start back up can some one please help
    Jeff Smith
  2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a BR400 and I have similar problems. The thing I have found best is to keep a spare spark plug. Your engine is likely flooding. A new spark plug should fire the engine right up. Good luck.:D :blob2: my daughter wanted to add the smilies.

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

you need to see if it has spark when you go to restart it. also check the compression. this might sound basic but you know not to choke it when its warm, it should fire right up with out it
  4. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Got a BR 400 also same deal. You shut it down, go to fire it back up and nothing, I mean nothing. Crank and crank and crank and then starts blowing vaper through exhaust. Then it will finally go. Other times it pops right off. It`s been one hell of a machine though for durability.
  5. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

ditto with my 400. IF you don't stick to the exact routine it's curtains for getting it started. Just throw it aside and wait until it's ready for you to start it.
  6. pike

pike LawnSite Member

I have several BR 420 blowers. Same Problem. I found that
    if you start w/choke closed, when the engine fires the
    slightest bit, take the choke off. They flood awful easily.
    Also don't choke if you think engine is at all warmed up.
  7. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Used mine all day today. I wanted to throw it as far as I could. Lost probrably an hour`s worth of productivity. It didn`t do it when I first got it. Then ,i switched the plug and that usaully did it. But not always. I may be in the market for a Redmax or a new Echo,and use the Stihl for a backup.:angry:
  8. AGLawnCare

AGLawnCare LawnSite Member

i use to have the same prob. but if you only use the choke when it needs it. NEVER pull with the choke on more than 3 times. If you had it running dont use the choke if you pull it 3 times and it still doesn't start then use the choke once. i talked to a stihl rep. about this for an hour once and after that i have not had a prob. and none of my guys have either.
  9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Mgardner, I agree with your signiture completely. Thanks for the reminder.
  10. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Locotus, I like Ole Mow and believe it or not he always reminded me of my ole man, even when I was a young pup.