Stihl BR 380D vs. Redmax EBZ5150

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matt Mow's, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Matt Mow's

Matt Mow's LawnSite Member

I am looking into getting a new blower soon and don't know which one to get. What do you guys think?

Specifications:

Stihl- $359.99
    181 mph at 465 cfm

Redmax- $309.99
    191 mph at 406 cfm

Thanks for the help.

2. A+Grounds

A+Grounds LawnSite Member

why are you looking into smaller bp blowers, having the extra power is great on some jobs. out of those 2 redmax

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Out of those 2, the BR 380D no question. The Stihl is also a 2 stroke, and it has higher CFM. CFM is what moves bulky debris like windrows of wet leaves and heavy wet grass clipings, not MPH. The small 10 mph advantage of the Redmax can't come anywhere near overcoming the 59 CFM difference in favor of the Stihl.

4. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Just got the new BR200 today liking it a lot. Moved a 3 inch pile of wet leaves but if you do not want that, the BR380D is not avail in Canada so I cannot say Anything :(:(:(:(:(:(:( I wish it was!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Matt Mow's

Matt Mow's LawnSite Member

The main reason that I was looking at the smaller blowers was the money. I live in Florida and I don't really do any big leaf jobs in the fall or anything like that. I just have a hard time justifying spending $500 on a blower. But if they are that much better, please give me some reviews or info on them.

6. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the best backpack blower thread... There is also the echo pb500 wich is around 330$
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Drive to the Orlando area and I have a 1 year old Redmax of the model you are talking about for sale for $150......It works for grass clippings.....but it did not take long for me to understand that I was losing in labor quickly the difference in price of buying bigger back pack blowers....we have the old shini eb630 and a new br600....makes life easier on the really hot days for sure and it helps when the blades of the turf are wet from rain or dew.....if you can hold out....i suggest bigger...if not...come buy mine.

8. A+Grounds

A+Grounds LawnSite Member

they are very much worth it, they speed up clean up on everything. most powerful out there that i know of is the redmax ebz 8050 and the echo pb-770. look into it, i think you'll find a bigger backpack blower be a much better choice

9. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

If it were me the BR600 is worth it. But if price is a factor you might look at the bg86 handheld blower.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The Redmax 8500/Huqvarna 580 is the biggest out now, at least on paper. I sure couldn't see it when I demo'd them all side by side.