Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

....especially after just reaching back and feeling them to see how firm they are.:laugh:

2. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Thank You for the info. I will get it on Monday then I will have till thursday to get it break in some.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

You're welcome and you don't really need to break it in before using it. Also keep an eye out for hardware loosening up, as with any new equipment. That's my biggest problem with all of my equipment. The only real problem I have with my 580, and I guess it's really operator error, is turning it off when I don't mean to. I prefer a push-button kill switch that you have to deliberately push and hold to turn off.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  4. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

I know that you talking about the blower I have now if the switch is touch at all it kills without holding it.

5. lil

lil LawnSite Member

I ended up getting the BR 600 a couple of days ago and all I can say is.... WOW
    What was once a strong fart is now a hurricane!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats! I said the same thing when I bought mine.

7. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Congrats!:clapping:If you are like me I Love get some thing new. My new 580BTS will be here tomorrow.

8. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

If it where me i would have waited till this spring and got the New 590 BTS which is way more powerful and half the price...

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

......or wait until mid summer when the new 600 BTS comes out. It will actuallly blow the debris into a pile, then bag it for you, and they're actually paying you to take them off your dealers hands.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah but with the dual blower tubes and supercharged engine the problem they're having with them is operators becoming airborne. :laugh: