Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, i thought you would have posted some pics by now... Would like to see it...

:waving:

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'm curious what dealer cost on them is. I already know what they look like. They're gigantic next to my old EB 630s which were on the high end of power back when I bought them.

3. weaver

Ebay has been selling some.. Not sure what retail is but atleast no sales tax on there and usally free shipping..

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Retail is $579 for the 580s but careful with buying them on Ebay...often units there don't have a warranty unless you pay extra for it. Great, so I can buy one for $510 or so and then have to pay $100 for the warranty. May as well support my local dealer. I paid $529 for mine last year when they were $559. And techinically in my state sales tax is still due if you buy out of state and they don't collect CT sales tax.

5. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

The truck was there wednesday I stop by he said "I will call you ,I got to put all this together ".Is it normal that a dealer has to put a blower together for before he sell it? I called later and talk to a girl I said "I will put it together myself I need it now " She said ok I will call you back .NO call .I am at the end of rope there is a Redmax dealer closer to me than he is I think I will give them a call.

6. weaver

7. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

8. weaver

9. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. The tubes have to be put together and the dealer normally starts the blower and does any initial adjustments.