Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i use the br600 only for leaf cleanups. this way it will last a while. i dont trust the 4 mix for daily use

2. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a BR600 Magnum last spring, and another this fall half way thru my cleanups. As others have said - it's a great blower!

Low weight, and lots of power. I use the Stihl oil for a exact gas/oil mix.

3. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

The only reason was thinking of the Husqvarna 580BTS that know now that it is really a RedMax EBZ8500 that the dealer I got my MZ6128ZT will sell me a Husqvarna 580BTS at 1/2 price.And overkill is my middle name me and Tim The Tool Man Taylor are brother.

4. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

The EBZ8500 backpack blower features the Strato-Charged 2-stroke engine with ultra-low emissions and high power. With a 75.6 cc displacement and 4.4 horsepower, the EBZ8500 produces a maximum air speed of 206 MPH with tube air flow approaching 908 CFM. That mite be a enuff.

5. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  6. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

I did go by a HUSQVARNA and a Stihl dealer today the HUSQVARNA had nothing at all to sell he said he will get them soon the Stihl dealer was full I look at the BR 600 STIHL Magnum I said what is the best deal? He said $475 plus tax.I said see you late.

7. scotts lawn care

I paid $500. + tax. That is the average price. You didn't want to pay $475.?? That seems like a very decent price. The blower is new right?

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm surprised the dealer gave him anything off. Those dealers have a real racket going on with charging list price. There is ZERO competition.

9. scotts lawn care

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't even bother to ask for any $ off the price of small power equipment.

Mowers and trucks - that's a different story.

10. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Yes it is brand new on self I think he can do a lower price I will wait to see what the HUSQVARNA dealer will do on a 580BTS he said he will sell me all most at his cost so I will see.On monday after he talk to he's rep.