1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh bye the way Crazy. There is now a 580 for $499 OBO with free shipping on Ebay.. New in box from dealer...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I was an environmental scientist/geologist/hydrogeologist, not an engineer. The places I worked at were environmental consulting and engineering offices. I would investigate and delineate soil and groundwater contamination and the engineers would figure out how to clean it up...more or less. I did make more money doing that but I've yet to have a lawn care customer tell me that I needed to be in Dallas tomorrow if I wanted to keep my job, lol.

3. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Thank You .But I know about the 580 on ebay for $499 or the Redmax 8500 for $496.94 but I thought Pantano was a better place to buy from.

I been laughing that all this engineering stuff because I work with a man for about 8 year cutting grass that was a engineer he said 20 year and that he hated it and that he love cutting grass.He gave me his T square and I use it all the time I even use it today.

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly! or here's your tickets to Munich be there in the morning! or you punched in 1 min late here's your write up! I made a lot more back then BUT I had a hell of a lot more crap to put up with.

5. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

If some one need a Peco Pro 22 Cubic Foot Vac System w/ 5 HP Briggs & Stratton I have one I will sell cheap.
    The one on ebay is over $4000 I will trade one for a new 580bts

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

$20? Includes delivery...

try the for sale section...
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Thank You .

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

That's the thing about this industry, and I guess really anything you setup yourself there are no limits only yourself! I was a technician not an engineer but hated it, when they said my position was being eliminated it was such a relief, I knew I wanted to do something else just didn't know what, I just started my business really as a stop gap until I found something else, here I am five years later and still going, can't see going back to all those headaches.

9. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

OMG!!!! I have gone to ebay and the one that was $499 or OBO .So look the price of the one's that sold and they have sold as low as $469.99:clapping:

I test them week ago at $425 no deal :cry:

Thank you for making me take another look I think this is the deal I was looking for I think the dealer can't touch this.:cool2:

10. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

570 is $419.99