Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I will get a full test tomorrow ,but today I did a start up and I see that I need to fix throttle hold so it not be so easy to kill it . And it is a BIG BOY :laugh:

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

There is a detent on the cruise control that you'll get used to not pushing past after you shut it off by accident a half dozen times. I wish they'd make it a bit harder of a push past idle to turn it off though.

3. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

I will play with it to tomorrow some before I put a screw in the cruise control or a spring on it .I did not get a flat nozzle with my blower .Rain today so did not get to run it mush but what running I did do it sounds like big dirt bike. :laugh: So fare I LOVE it.

Look at this.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/extended-warranty-program/
    for non-income producing personal use or household purposes, excluding commercial, agricultural ,I don't use it for income ,I use it for fun:laugh::laugh:

4. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

I cut one today (2/8/13) I use all my all toys the HU800AWD,224L,and yes the 580BTS all works AWESOME I could not be more please in the performance of every thing . As for the blower it was super fast did a hole yard clean up whit lots of beds still only use 1/2 tank of gas. I did not accidently kill it even one time so I will not fool with the cruise control .:clapping:

5. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

This is a pic of my 580BTS ,224L,MZ6128ZT the HU800AWD will do later .

580bts.jpg

6. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

The more I run it the more I am blown a way by it .:laugh::laugh: I did 2 parking lot that has been taking me 8 hour of work to do but with the 580BTS I did in 2 1/2 hour and on one tank of gas :cool2:

I did kill it one time by accident :cry:
    How do you take off the blower ?
    I like to back up to my truck tailgate and set the blower on the tailgate then undo the straps .:drinkup:

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I do the same thing sometimes to take it off. Do you find it pretty comfortable considering how big and heavy it is? I think they did an excellent job on the harness system.

8. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Yes it pretty comfortable considering how big and heavy it is .

It will be end of the year for fall clean up that I will get use as mush as did on Friday blowing off 2 parking lot full of rocks and is was only 2 1/2 hours.
    I did not feel fatigued in any way.

When I was close to the road, I would turn so every one would see the blower :laugh::laugh: Look at my big blower :laugh::laugh:

I clean it up and put Armor All on it .:drinkup:

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I clean mine up well every single time/day I use them. I like my stuff to look new as long as possible. i have stuff that is 20+ years old that looks like new. Nothing wrong with taking good care of expensive equipment.

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Had you bought the right blower for the job you could have done it in 30-45 mins.