Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I buy hole lot of stuff lincoln's,Big rc airplanes (17),lot of tools(shop full),lawn mower (5)zt's and riding (3)push ,trimmers , blowers ,tillers and so on so I cut it what I can so I can buy some thing else.

2. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

You should be looking at no more than $450 with tax for the BR600. He's not even giving 10% off.

3. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Thank you !you see it the way I do .The HUSQVARNA dealer said there is big markup on this stuff.And I did say will take $450 out the door? He said do you want the keys to the store if I did that we would be swoping money so I said I see you later.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  4. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey if he sold you the unit for $450 he's still making a real good profit. The BR 600 mag is sells for $499 here. At $475 plus tax you would still be paying over $500 out the door. Like I said your not even getting 10% and the normal discount should be that much, I'd go find another dealer cause he sure doesn't sound like he's interested in your business.

5. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Yes I will. I didno't know there is one only 4 mile from me one I stop at today was 17 miles and there 5 in 30 miles from me.

6. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Well - if you buy alot from 1 dealer - then yeah they should give a discount to you on a blower, I hope you get one for a good price! :)

7. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

I will try for a mybe a backpage deal 1 big blower ,a trimmer,and a WB.I did no't see a WB at the Stihl dealer but look like he had ever thing Stihl makes.

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the stihl the husky is too heavy and bulky I've tried them both, I don't squabble over $10- $20 for handheld stuff just buy it. You've probably already wasted that much in gas shopping around. I decide what I want to buy before I go to the store usually, so as not to waste gas and time, theirs AND mine. I also go on the premise that you should have one brand of handhelds for the most part, same with mowers, this makes spare parts and maint much easier and cost effective.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm like you, no need to worry over a few bucks. I buy all my handhelds from one dealer now and they take good care of me. All I ask them to do is fill the tank and start it before I leave the dealership. I've been out working and have some handheld go down and they will usually fix it on the spot for me. They also make sure that all my repairs are WARRANTY work with no out of pocket cost. I also run all Stihl with few problems, I've only had one issue with not starting and that was on an old FS55 trimmer that the screen was clogged on. Its long gone now and has been replaced with a FS100rx, which is a much better machine for daily use.

10. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

The weight is nothing to me has now I use a 22.lb Backpack Gas Leaf Blower add a 10.5 Handheld Blower at the same time and like have the Biggest in every thing I get like my $3000+ 9 foot 111cc Twin YAK 54 RC Airplane,my 600 grizzly 4x4,60cc chainsaw, did have R1 1000cc, bran new 2002 Corvette both in 2002 and the list goes more than I can type.