Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

How BIG is a BIG Wheeled Blower ? And what does it cost ?
    I have the 580BTS but almost got 570BTS best for the money .

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I understand. I am just making the point that there's no free lunch no matter what you buy. If you're solo, you may end up ahead with the WB BG depending on your properties, but like I said, if cost isn't figured in, then I'd be better off with a riding blower or one on my 3 pt hitch.

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

YEP a WB mounted on a ZT is way more efficient than a BP all day long in most cases, not all, but mostly for leaf jobs and it shows up everyday on time LOL

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

5. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I figured you would say something like that.

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

When moving wet leaves over a foot deep a large volume blower works much better than a high air speed back pack blower. Especially on large properties. Try moving an acre of wet leaves with your 580. It can be done but not nearly as easily or quickly as a big WB or Stand On large volume blower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

So your 580BTS would out blow this machine too I'm presuming? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2kfE5GNF5w

9. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

The worst thing I will ever encountered is a parking lot full of rocks .The I did on Friday by time I got to the end I was blowing rock at 2 in. deep .I know could stop and shelve it up some but I need to see 580BTS would do all the way .And it did it .As for a big WB the parking tapers down to 10' with a 1' high loading dock then parking carbs by very busy road. And blowing 2 in. of rock who can do this better with a WB can have at it.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 10HP Billy Goat and yes under most circumstances I find the 580 backpack more productive. Control and maneuverability have a lot to do with it. A wheeled blower can be clumsy on lawns, especially if there are obstancels, slopes and areas of soft turf. I find that a BP does a better job too. Believe what you want but I have found that my 580 does a better job more quickly and with less physical exerction than my wheeled blower on my accounts and I don't think adding a few HP to it would change that.