Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Now, I love my Husky blower, but it can't even come close to moving debris like those vids, and if you weren't impressed by that 3 pt blower, I guess there's nothing made that will impress you.

I have a rotary broom for the front of my CUT that I can use for heavy gravel in lots, and I can use it on lawns too. I have it set correctly to sweep the surface without damaging the turf. It rides on gauge wheels that float left-right and up-down. Still, I use my BP for amost all of it because it blows that hard.

3. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Once again you are exactly right. And can explain it better than I can .

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I would use a rotary broom for rocks. Much faster than a blower. Again wet heavy leaves need volume to move. Sure I blow out beds and tight spots with a backpack blower and even 1/4 acre lots. But if you want to move some serious leaves on big clean ups a stand on or wb blower will win every time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Yes my 580BTS would by what I saw .That is too circumstances .When he is backing ,pulling up .I would be getting ahead. I must be one of the few people really know how to run a blower. I have been using one sense 1990. Has I said before on what jobs I now that thing would be total worthless. And I have a 22cf. PECO vac. when I need it . And BOBCAT with a bucket if need to do some serious clean up.

6. GMLC

LOL!!! Whats next? A tarp is faster than a leaf loader?? With a 10 yard leaf box? That stand-on blower could clear more acres in a day than you could do in a week with a BP blower, lawn vac and a bobcat bucket! Guess you have never done a North East fall clean up!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessories/product-accessories/trimmer-attachments/sweeper-attachment/
    Is this you are talking about ? If so I have look at them before and I don't need it.

8. GMLC

9. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurricane-X...160759240?pt=Leaf_Blowers&hash=item3a7a590bc8
    Ok will admit I a US $8,999.00 Hurricane X3 25 HP Stand On Hydro Blower will out do my 580BTS on a Big open parking lot but the one's I do NO WAY. AT (795 Lbs, 4'7" Tall, 3'3" Wide, 5'2" Long) that's to big to go threw the gate. To most backyards I do.

10. GMLC

I will agree with you there. I will use BP blowers for anything 1/4 acre or less. And gated yards.
    Posted via Mobile Device