Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have both. Most often I use my wheeled blower for blowing leaves out of a gate. I'll move the leaves to the wheeled blower with my BR600 and then let the Little Wonder blow them through the gate and out into the woods. I have used the Little Wonder when the BR600 just starts rolling the leaf line over. Then I get the LW off the trailer and finish the job off. It is much more of a workout to use but the power difference isn't even close. It not the horsepower that turns the impeller, it's the torque and that old Briggs commercial engine has at least 3 or 4 times the torque of any backpack blower. It has a large steel impeller that probably weighs more than any backpack blower made. Man when that things winds up you can feel the power.

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Jrco makes a mount for the front of your ZT for a wb blower, that seems to be the best option for a wb blower.Has anyone tried that?

3. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

One thing I have been thinking about is that you must have a set price on a job or you are going backwards. if you get faster and faster Bigger ZT, Bigger Blower, and better Trimmers that I did this year you must go higher and higher per. hour. I am at $50 per. hour now at what point will a customer fall over dead.

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

:hammerhead: :dizzy: :laugh: :wall Good lord dude, you're hopeless, absolutely hopeless.

Trust me when I say you're not the "best" at running a BP, I'm 200lbs+ round about 6'ft tall and can still walk foot over foot on a 4" wide curb while wearing a BP. I can switch directions on the fly from forward, backward or side to side without looking at where I'm going, it's all by feel. I'm not trying to sound like I'm the best, just stating facts.

And please for the love of all that's good LEARN TO SPELL!!

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i do that while edging curbs. :laugh:

6. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

Trust Me I the Best by far I do ever thing you said and more at a full run !!!
    I am 195 lbs . ex foot ball star .I swear to god my nicknames in school was

(Zeke)
    (Speedy Gonzales) or most of the time (Speedy)
    I was the fastest in my school .I have been clocked at 27 mph beside a motorcycle.

7. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

One more thing I have idea what can do now but at one time sum year a go I could bench press 450lb. and know I can still lift over
    400lb. :weightlifter: :drinkup: I do it on daily bases. At work.

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Please close this thread!

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

WOW, this sounds like middle school kids.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I agree...