Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I tried them both and the 600 was just more comfortable to me, and it has more than enough power for anything we do. I don't doubt the husky is a really good blower I really like my husky chainsaw. I just decided to try and keep as much of my stuff the same brand as possible for maint and spare parts reasons, and stihl's line of equipt is broad enough that we can pretty much keep everything the same. I don't remember why I bought a husky chainsaw but if I were to buy another one it would be a stihl.

2. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Now you said what I have been reading that it is awesome and I have to get the Husqvarna is that the dealer that I got my MZ6128ZT will cut me a super deal like right cost so will seen on monday will do after he talks to he's factory rep. I will give him my list all will need for the next year.

3. HusqvarnaRules

HusqvarnaRules LawnSite Member

Really now? Define production then!

Who gives a damn about overall speed when there is little room to really open a car up these days.

Not my fault America sucks ass with real supercar performance. The only decent thing to come from this great country of ours is the Viper. Everything else is a fail in my opinion.

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I never try to beat my dealers up over price on small equipment. I paid $529 for my 580 in the fall of 2011 when they were priced at $559, but that's the price they had on it. They have gone up $20 since then. If you're a bigger guy and into overkill and brute force go for it. They have enough power to actually do leaf cleanups in the rain, not something I had even considered doing before. But make no mistake...the things are gigantic, loud and heavy, yet surprisingly comfortable due to the excellent harness system. The only time mine becomes a bit of a burden is when working on hilly properties. It has all but eliminated my use of my wheel blower.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Saleen S7 Twin Turbo is on par with any supercar (not muscle car) in the world. Made in Irvine CA. Powered by [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

My big saw was bigger than 60cc it was 99cc PIONEER SAWS LTD.
    PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO, CANADA
    SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
    YEAR INTRODUCED: 1978
    YEAR DISCONTINUED: 1980
    ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 6.0 cu. in. (99cc)
    NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
    CYLINDER BORE: 2.250 in. (57mm)
    PISTON STROKE: 1.500 in. (38mm)

7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with you on that darryl, I hate when we get beatup on price so I feel guilty trying to beat the other guy up, as long as he's being reasonable I won't argue price.

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, and there's not a lot of mark up in the hand held gear to begin with.

9. HusqvarnaRules

HusqvarnaRules LawnSite Member

Richard just let it go. Even the Saleen sucks when compared to others. Being powered by Ford isn't saying much in my opinion. Look into Gumpert and Koenigsegg for jaw dropping form and function.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

But what's their towing capacity?