Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. HusqvarnaRules

HusqvarnaRules LawnSite Member

Towing capacity is rated as Hauling A$$.

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

If you need towing capacity rated at hauling ass, look no further than a F-150 lightning. There's plenty of modded turbo and twin turbo diesel pickups that can outrun most sports cars on the road. Even the GMC cyclone was a barn burner as far as trucks go, I think it was the fastest production truck ever made.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. HusqvarnaRules

HusqvarnaRules LawnSite Member

Well I'd have to look much further to be impressed. Never liked trucks at all, but have left alot of them sitting still at stop lights. Have yet to see one touch what I run.

I'm done with this conversation so maybe it will get back on topic.

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Yea, LOL! go for the 600 I think that's what this thread is about, LOL

5. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

I started my LCO two years ago and followed advice of guys on here. Don't buy anything but the most powerful unit no matter what brand you are buying. Time=$ and the time/$ adds up quickly when trying to move grass clippings, clumps and leaves around.

I bought a BR600 two years ago at my local dealer for $425 when they were selling used ones on Fleabay for $300-$400. Do not be afraid to negotiate with your Stihl Dealers. The suggested retail price of $499 is making them a lot of $$...offer $400 and work up from there. Do not I repeat do not buy used blowers...you never know how well it was maintained.

Last spring I decided I needed another blower and found a dealer a few miles further up the road selling them for $415.

BTW- The BR600 may not be the most powerful unit built but it is IMHO the best when considering power to weight ratio. Lugging one of these around on your back for 3 or more hours will make you appreciate this fact.

Last

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

If you had a more powerful blower you wouldn't need to be lugging it around on your back for 3 or more hours! :hammerhead:

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

..........And if it had a much better shoulder harness like the Husky's do, it wouldn't bother you having to wear it for 3 or more hours like the Stihl can even if it is lighter.

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the backup Green, and BTW, they're hanging well and feeling firm, lmao.

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I still laugh every time I read it.:laugh:

10. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I am thowing one more in the mix I like true 4 strokes no't some 4-mix .I thinking of getting a Makita Model: BBX7600CA or a Dolmar PB-7601.4 as they are the same blower
    PB-7601.4
    Overall weight 10.2 kg (22.4 lbs)
    Displacement 75.6 cc Stihl 64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)
    Power rating 2.8 kW (3.8 HP) Stihl 3.0 kW (4.0 bhp)
    Fuel tank capacity 1.9 l (64.2 oz) Stihl 1400 cc (47.3 oz.)
    Engine 4-stroke Stihl 4-mix
    Max air speed 87 m/s (195 mph) Stihl 90 m/sec. (201 mph) Husqvarna 206.2 mph
    Air volume max 20.4 m³/min (720 cfm)Stihl 1210 m³/h (712 cfm) Husqvarna 907.6 cfm
    Look like the Dolmar and the Stihl output are allmost the same I the Husqvarna has more output but at a big weight , price and 100 dB. So I will give up some output for the Dolmar to get a true 4-stroke.