Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lil, Dec 31, 2012.

1. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

Now that I just talked myself into another capital expenditure...
    Anyone interested in a pair of used Stihl BR600 Blowers? :clapping:
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I keep my BR600 for back-up and when I have to blow in an area that the quieter the better is in play.
  3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Ridin' makes a good point. A more powerful blower will not only do things faster, but it can do things that a less powerful blower just can't. Those branches that you can't move and need to pick up by hand, the leaves that you can't easily get out of the pachysandra, the wall of leaves that is no longer moving, working in the rain sleet and snow (yes, I've done that) when otherwise you'd just wait for better conditions.

I bought my 580 as a cleanup machine but found that it saves me a lot of time on the mowing route too. If I put an extra intermediate tube on it which helps focus the air stream, I can literally blow clippings off pavement from 30 feet away...a bit less in the factory configuration. I like to leave all hard surfaces spotless and on some accounts with large parking areas and turn-outs I'll just stand in one spot and swing an arc with the blower and be able to clear the whole area without moving from that spot. I don't know about you guys, but what gets me at the end of a long day is my feet, so the less walking the better.
  4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i used the br600 all day today-the straps are a joke for a premium blower. also mine runs out of gas at 1/2 tank! its a graet blower otherwise. love the power!. of course for really big jobs i get out the redmax 8000
  5. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I say Hmmm to day after talking to my Husqvarna dealer he will sell me at cost on a package deal so may get the 580 Husqvarna after all .He's to talk to the factory rep to see what is cost is he is a new dealer.
  6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The 570 is pretty close in performance to the 580 and has higher air speed, which should scour stuck debris better. No hip belt though.

I was a little disappointed with the scouring ability of the 580 for such a big and powerful blower. I'm a tall guy and to scour I have to point it right in front of my feet, which results in some "backwash" going behind me. I bought an extra intermediate tube for it for when I'm scouring a lot of stuck stuff and for blasting out drainage ditches and stuff. I'm used to longer tubes like on the Shindaiwa machines and would rather be working out in front of myself more than at my feet. I had the same problem when I demo'd the Echo 770 though which also has short tubes.
  7. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama

I going to see what my dealer can do but if he is no't good on the price is it OK to buy on ebay they have the new Husqvarna 580BTS for $469.99 with FREE Standard Shipping and even less with the make offer .And the 570bts for $419 with free shipping.
  8. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama
    Posts: 372 They said it is almost as strong as a Redmax 8000 and "Thougt I would give a quick update! blower has run flawless easy on gas good power and is light! I will be buying more! Very Happy!" "I have at least 20 tanks run through mine and it has been fantastic! The other thing I like is the choke on it! Unlike the redmax which drops on while using it the dolmar is choked the oposit way and does not do this! Very Nice and nice to see someone was thinking on that one!" I got the Dolmar PB-7601.4 a min. a go on ebay for $350 so I will see what it will do and I may still get the Husqvarna 580bts if the price is real good .
  9. Biogreen

Biogreen LawnSite Member

We are one of the few lawn care service companies that blow the leaves (if needed) before we spray Bio Green we use our BR -550. theres no other.
  10. crazyflyboy30

from Alabama