Stihl BR 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Dec 9, 2005.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I am gonna buy a new backpack blower in the spring. All my dealer has ever carried is echo. I have 3 echo's now, one of them being the PB-650. How does the Stihl BR-600 compare and do those of you who have had or do have one like it.

2. CHRIS MELROSE

CHRIS MELROSE LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

Stihl publishes higher cfm and mph but the echo still out blows it.
    My local dealer let me use them side by side and it was pretty obvious which one prevailed.

3. chimmygew

So you say go for the echo? I have always had echo and really like them, but that was always my only option.

4. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

i havent triend the new stihl but i love my 2 pb650's. I was very happy when i bought my second one this fall and was able to put the stihl 420 into "back up blower" status.

5. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

The pb650 is not even echo's top model, the pb751 is. I don't beleive that the 650 can outblow the stihl BR600. Go with the stihl. It is a beast, and probably cheaper than the echo.

6. CHRIS MELROSE

CHRIS MELROSE LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

Apparently you have used both. Going with the cheaper one would be the route to go. Cheaper means better. The 650 and 751 blow the same. The 751 just has a better filtration system.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you have alot of bushes around homes you do in fall go with the br600. If you are going to blow grass all summer long after you cut the grass go with the br600.

If you find that you need to move large piles of leaves go with the red max 8000 or shinds new one, theses blowers are heavier then the br600.

All theses blowers have there place, it just what are you going to use these blowers for??

John

Oh i own 650's and 750's and the br600

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

is there such a thing as a mauryama dealer? i shure cant find one.

9. chimmygew

The dealer I use carries both Echo and Stihl. I don't have any other dealers within 45 minutes of me. My dealer told me that the BR-600 is $30.00 more than the PB-651

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

thanks- i have lots of mauryama stuff and i am dismayed that both the dealers here in jacksonville have dropped them. their stuff seems to be as good as any one else and i dont know why we now have no dealers. if you could supply me with a dealers name and phone # i would appreciate it. i checked on mauryamas web site for my nearest dealers and went to see for my self and guess what -they had dropped them too.