Stihl BR 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cgaengineer, Aug 5, 2007.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I got a BR 600 today for my birthday...it was one of those things I wanted, but didnt want to buy...I have to say its the most powerful blower I have ever used...it actually twists my torso when I throttle it up. Its quieter then my BG85 and smokes less, its also easier to start.

Thank Mom, Dad and Sis for the great equipment!

2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Good To hear. Im thinking Im gonna get one in a few weeks for fall.

3. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

It's going to replace my Deere BP 50 if and when it dies. I keep hoping, but dang it that kawi motor just keeps on working! I test drove the 600 and it is a powerful mofo.

4. cgaengineer

Finally got to really use the 600 tonight...what an awesome machine, plenty of power and lightweight for its size. My wife is disappointed as its not a left hand model, but she said she would adapt...fat chance since I will be using it all of the time!!

5. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Glad you like it and that is a pretty good birthday present.

6. bill w

bill w LawnSite Member
    from Va.

Just FWIW and take it with a grain of salt, but when using the throttle lock and the standard (straight) tip it feels a lot like using a joystick game controller...easy, easy, easy.

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Dang your lucky! I kinda want one to go with my Redmax EB 7001 for fall cleanup. But insufficient funds are holding me back!

8. cgaengineer

Well insufficient funds were holding me back as well, but my family is generally gratious when it comes to Bdays and Christmas...however I do take care of mom/dad and grandmothers lawn so I guess its and investment!

9. cgaengineer

Yeah, she can shoot right handed if she tries so I am confused to why this is a problem?

10. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, I bought a snowblower with my $300 instead of a Stihl blower. I don't really need a backpack blower, but they do make the fall cleanup jobs easier. I needed the snowblower, because as I pick up mowing accounts, I pick up snow accounts. 1 snowblower just isn't enough, now I have two. I can wait till spring to get a new backpack blower.