Stihl BR 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sbvfd592, Sep 22, 2007.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

It is not time to replace my br400's that i bought 7 years ago. what do you all think of the br600 can get them for 425$. do u think a redmax is a better deal?? i have never had a prob with my br400's maybe a foul plug but other than that 0.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have Stihl (2 cycle) everything exept back pack blowers. Then Redmax gets my money. Only problem I've ever had with the Redmax is when I don't use it for a while the carb may cause it to loose power at wot. A little sea foam(and or Stabil) in the tank and its running like new in no time. All my equipment that uses an oil mix can do the same thing if you let it sit too long. I use hand held blowers most of the time and the back packs only occasionally. I have heard others with the same problem at wot. Cleaning out the carb with something like sea foam has always worked for me. If you use it every week you should never have the problem. I hearing a lot more problems with the Stihl plus the Redmax is just a very powerful blower.

I'd buy Redmax again in a heartbeat. 7001 or 8001

3. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

The 600 vs the 8001 is a close call, and is dependant on each individual machine...they are very close in power. The advantage in my mind is the the Stihl is cheaper, more comfortable, lighter, and way better emmissions. Plus they are made in america in VA beach.

My vote goes to the Stihl.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont use redmax, too expensive (have to fund that warranty somehow) and too heavy. I have been very happy with the 600's.

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I just ordered another BR600, will have two in the stable for this autumns' fury!!

6. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

i bought a br 400 for my first blower this year i bought a br600 and i love it. it is alot more powerfull than the 400. you will be very happy with it. it is also great for leaves

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

yeh that 420 don't even compare, just get the 600 before that $425 slips away

8. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

The 600 starts and runs as the lexus of blowers it's light and can work a large parking lot like no other , The 4 mix engine is a bit quiter than the full 2 strokes and mine justs starts first pull everytime warm or cold enough said!

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice machine, quiet and has good power. That price is great. I also own a Redmax 8001. It is heavier but it has noticably more power than the Stihl. Not bashing any blower because I own and love both of them for different reasons. I just bought the Stihl in May so I haven't seen it in leaf action but it is my daily blower on lawn jobs. The Redmax is a powerful monster that will pull a rivet out of a moving airplane. Good luck.

10. lawnboyoung

lawnboyoung LawnSite Member

i can tell u this redmax cost alot more but when i mowwed with it i very happy with it.they do their job.