Stihl BR400 - repair or replace?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by critter86, Sep 28, 2013.

1. tigerepairdotcom

tigerepairdotcom LawnSite Senior Member

Takes me 15 min to rebuild most carbs, finish a piece same day rather than wait a week have to start and stop same piece. If your method works for you more often excellent. I'm shedding light on my method and it works for me. There's more than one way to skin a cat :D

2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

??????????

3. tigerepairdotcom

Do I need to make a you tube video to prove this? I'm talking drain fuel, remove carb 1-2 min disassembly 1-2 min, Pop in ultrasonic washer. Run for 3-5 min rinse blow dry 2 min install 2- 3 min kit assemble and reattach fuel start adjust carb.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. Jeff in AL

Jeff in AL LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Tiger,
    Pardon my French, but WTF are you smokin?

Are we supposed to believe from your comment that you have never had a carburetor with the sealant come loose?

You have never had a carburetor come in that was varnished beyond repair?

You have never had a carburetor come in that had water/ethanol in it that corroded the body?

Speaking of a joke!:waving:

5. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Guess I can try to ignore this know nothng.,..; know it all :
    Guess all them 2 stroke schools didn't tell him that tampering with carb adjustments was illegal

Unless you have a certified 2 or 4 gas analizer...and are certified to use it..using your carb adjusting screwdrivers is illegal....as there is no way to prove your adjustments did mpt compromise the emmisions...

I have never found a use for the magic cleaning box...aka..ultrasonic cleaner...
    I just spray solvent thru the blocked passage. And reinstall the carb....

6. tigerepairdotcom

You have never had a carburetor come in that was varnished beyond repair?
    You have never had a carburetor come in that had water/ethanol in it that corroded the body?

They are so few and far between they were negligible to mention Most of those failed compression test and didn't get fixed because customer bought for 70-100 and didnt want to spend as much as purchase price. NOW WE~RE GETTING OFF TOPIC

Look dudes. We obviously got off on the wrong foot with my ultrasonic cleaner and my comment about shops that don't use them being a joke. I take back that and should have approached that differently.

We also got off topic when somone mentioned my high rev with air lean on a 4 stroke which was a mistake However you got the guy taking his governer apart when it could just as kilely have been a starving carb with a stretched spring to rev higher. THATS NOT THE POINT

Guess I can try to ignore this know nothng.,..; know it all :

STOP RIGHT THERE, That's enough. We obviously are all qualified technicians. But I think we both have a chip on our shoulders, Let me take a step back and stop this foolishness. This is not jerry springer. I request we start all over again Rather than be enemies. We can confer and share out knowledge and do what we're here to do Help mechanics and landscapers with some mechanical knowledge. Truce?

(Offers hand shake through Comp) Lets get back to helping people, eachother and get off eachothers toes. I came outta nowhere with my knowledge and i approached it the wrong way.