Stihl BR550 AND 600

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by The Cutting Edge, Sep 13, 2007.

1. The Cutting Edge

The Cutting Edge LawnSite Member

Hey Has Anyone Had Any Problems Out Of Their Br 550 Or 600, I Recently Took Mine To The Dealer After Purchasing It About A Month Ago And They Sad The Short Block Was Fuct And That Stihl Has Been Having This Problem With All Of Them. Mine Was Making A Horrible Rattling Sound... Just Wondering If Anyone Else Has Ran Into This Problem?

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

No problems as of yet.

3. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Best blower I have ever had. Always starts on the first or second pull. Power is great and not too heavy. I would recommend these units any day of the week.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

To add to what Corrie mentioned, yes, choke on, first pull and it fires right up, flip choke off and start blowing.

5. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

first pull and it starts all the time. no problems and i love it

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine usally take 3 or 4 puls first thing in the morning then it's good to go all day. Great blower!!!

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Compared to.....? How much use is on yours?

8. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

We have three BR600's on their second season with no problems yet.

Scott

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yes that problem is common. look it up on here someone posted pics of the engine failure and a bunch of stuff mine had a valve drop and had the topend replaced under warranty

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I have been waiting to try ....your experience is much better than what I hear from our area. How many hours on these units? What oil do your run?