Stihl BR550 or BR600 blower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by recycledsole, Nov 4, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

2. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 580bts .......they should call it a jetpack!

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

My handheld can push more leaves then the 550 can.

4. TempleLawnCare

5. recycledsole

from MD

i dont know where to get the husquavarna and its 80 more than the stihl. its worht it>

6. TempleLawnCare

I have never personally used a stihl, but from my personal experience this 580 rocks. $80 is nothing with the time you will save having a quality blower.

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

You'll get alot of comments on getting XYZ blower doing more but you'll have a hard time finding a better blower compairing ALL the features that come with a stihl blower. I have both a 550 and 600, the specs are very close on paper, but the 600 is a beast.

8. recycledsole

from MD

how long did you have this for?
    thanks

9. TempleLawnCare

Honestly I just bought it yesterday because my 10hp billy goat blew a pushrod for the third time in 2 weeks. So I cannot atest to the longevity of the 580, but I have a 150bts that is 2 years old and runs like new still. The comfortability is amazing as it has a belly and chest strap. With that being said that I went from a 10hp walk behind to the 580 and was still impressed should say alot about it's power.

10. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

Go with BR 600 Magnum, we have 2 of them and they are great! We also have a BR550 and all the guys seem to agree that it blows about 80% of the power of the BR 600 Magnum! Get the big boy