Stihl BR600 beats Redmax 8000???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryPaulD, Jul 18, 2005.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

What do you think? My dealer carries both and said the rep came in with this tube with a softball inside of it. He said the BR600 pushed the softball up the tube much higher than the Redmax 8000. Opinions please.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That is an interesting demonstration. The only problem is we don't use our blowers to push softballs up tubes.

The truth is that we, meaning those of us in the lawn and landscape industry, won't really be able to tell the true capabilities of the new BR600 until we start using them for some heavy duty yard debris removal this fall and winter. Until then we're just blowing off driveways and that is not what the BR600 and EB8000 were designed for.

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I have to agree with you Richard. I am in the process on "shopping" for a new BP the 8000 crossed my mind but, I said to my self why do I need that big of a blower? So I think i'm settled on it's little brother the 7001.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Husqvarna had a weedeater test with a bucket of water they would put the trimmer in a bucket something like that.

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I would still take the Redmax Strato Charged anyday. :)

6. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

they also said the BR600 is 5lbs. lighter and I saw the price tag was $50.00 or so cheaper. I love my Redmax 7001.

7. slicey

slicey LawnSite Member

the TRUTH is, this is a relavent demo. it's meant to mimic a pressure-testing setup in a lab. pushing that ball vertically higher translates into pushing that small tree limb or wet, clump of leaves more easily.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Its easy to blow hard into a tube. lets see you do it on wet leaves on a costumers lawn.

John

9. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

To each his own...

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Not with my lips on it like you. But back in the day it was common practice to do this as a side show.

John