Stihl BR600 blower pull cord issues

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by coolbrze, Nov 5, 2009.

1. coolbrze

coolbrze LawnSite Member

Our Stihl BR600 blower pull cord is stuck, won't pull out... Any idea why & how do I fix this?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Just take if off the blower so you can see what has happened. .....

3. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

If that does not show you anything, you may have to adjust your valves.

When I have a hard time pull starting my 4-mix engines, I take them in and have them adjusted and then it is good to go for at least a few months.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

May be past that point if he can't get the cord to come out doesn't that usually imply piston stuck?

5. Matlock Lawncare

Matlock Lawncare LawnSite Member

Have had the same problem with two of my Br600. Now both are sitting on a shelf all taken apart because of broken valves. Good luck, I sold my other two shortly after.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Nobody believes me when I post that we are seeing tons of engines failures on that unit in our area. People on lawnsite just keep posting what a great blower....too bad $500 bucks down the drain.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Pull the spark plug, then try it again.

8. Matlock Lawncare

Matlock Lawncare LawnSite Member

I know what your saying Hess, I posted about those pieces of **** in the past and got slammed. But have gotten PMed by a bunch of guys that agree with me. And Topsides no offense but taking out the spark plug on one of those machines would only serve you any good if you want to use the plug on something else that would actually run. LOL, I have wasted so much money on a machine that was supposed to have a warranty but when you call them on it they want to give you a % off of your next purchase, why would I buy any more %%%% that they want to not back up even though I had everything documented, I guess spending about 4 G's a year wasnt good enough for them, But Shindiawa loves that they made that decision. Sorry guys not on a rant or nothing just a loyal Stihl guy that was shown that loyalty means crap to them.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The guy said it wasn't turning over, thank you now!

10. A Leaf Above

A Leaf Above LawnSite Member

Well my experient with the Br600 has been nothing but a good one ..I have had 2 of them for prolly around 2 years now and have had no issues at all ..As a matter of f act the only part i have changed on any of my Stihl equipment was a coil on one of my weedeaters ... So hopefully i didnt just jinx myself now ..Im actually going to buy the br600 magnum tomarrow since its only $439.00 at my local dealer .