1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl BR600 Blower Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by champyards, Nov 12, 2012.

1. champyards

champyards LawnSite Member

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you're happy with the performance, then you should say so in your "review". You covered how it starts and idles but then stopped writing anything else about your experiences with the performance. How did it move dry leaves, wet leaves or even a brick? Does it peal the turf right off of the ground? How about grass stuck to a sidewalk? Does it start as easily in the cold weather as the warm? Does the air stream come out in a straight line or does it fan out? Do you have any other blowers to compare it to? What are you using for fuel and oil and at what ratio?

What you've written there is a nice "first look" review but little else. You also need to darken the font up. It's readable the way it is but would be easier read with a darker font.

The reason the tubes are so hard to get apart is so it doesn't fall apart when you're using the blower.

I give your review a C-. :laugh:
  3. Richard Martin

4. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Mine 600 blowed up asphalt.
  5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

That review is dated that you wrote it back in March...
  6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

do you really want to know that stuff about the br600 or are you just knocking his review because I just got one 2 weeks ago and can answer most of those questions for you.
  7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

The older model 600 before the magnum blew stronger. Maybe because of the smaller end of the tube restricting airflow. I'd rather have the older one.
  8. Richard Martin

I own 2 of them, the first of which I bought in 2005. I don't need to know anything. I'm trying to help him write a better performance review.
  9. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Take the narrow tube off, then you have a big tube
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. champyards

champyards LawnSite Member

Correct. I reviewed it shortly after purchasing it, and will write a second review once fall cleanups are finished and have a good idea of how it performs in all seasons.