Stihl BR600 Blower Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by champyards, Nov 12, 2012.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

that's why I was asking.

to the guy who talks about the plastic end on the magnum.....just cut it off....:hammerhead:

2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally will not buy another stihl product other than chainsaws. The 600mag isnt the best machine out there, in fact its one of the worst. Mine lasted a little over a year of light commercial use (no more than 10 hrs a week) The Redmax 8500 is a much better machine.

3. yardguy28

funny how opinions vary.

I won't purchase anything but stihl for handhelds. just not impressed with the other brands. especially redmax and shindy.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

While our BR600 has been good and trouble free the last 3 years I have to admit I absolutely LOVE our little TR2350S trimmer and our new 8500 blower. The 8500 is far more powerful than the BR600 and no worries about adjusting or dropping or burning a valve. We have found our new handheld equipment of choice. Always ran echo and they served us well. Never did like any stihl handhelds other than the BR600. The stihl trimmers were always much heavier than the echo trimmers.

5. yardguy28

well like I said, personally I've never been impressed with he other brands available in my area. to this day that still stands true.

as for worrying about anything with my stihl equipment, I never have to this day. I just start them and use them. never had a single problem with any trimmer or blower from stihl. not past your normal wear and tear from years of use.

minus an electrical problem with the on/off switch my br400 (it's at least 7 years old) still starts on the first pull.