Stihl BR600 Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LedgedaleLawn, Apr 23, 2008.

1. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

We just bought 2 new Stihl BR600 Blowers with the 4-MIX engine. I am very impressed with them, and I think they move more air than our Redmax EBZ8000. They work great except one keeps bogging down and the fuel tanks is full. I have heard all the horror story's with these engines when they first came out. Anyone have a similar problem.
  2. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Haven't had that problem. Take it back to the dealer, sounds like the tank vent is not working properly.
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The first Stihl backpacks were trouble prone, dropping valves and other problems. I own all 2 cycle Stihl power equipment but a Redmax back pack blower. I just don't have the confidence in the 4 mix yet though some are having very good luck out of them.
  4. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

Not to crap on your thread, but I'm trying to decide between this blower and the Echo PB755. I want somthing that's powerful and ALSO reliable. The Echo is available for $430 online shipped while the BR600 is available from my local dealer for $526 with tax. Is the BR600 worth almost $100 more than the top of the line echo?
  5. Just Mow

from Texas

Yes as far as power is concerned. It has a ton of power compared to the Echo. It is also 6lbs lighter full of fuel.
    I have 3 600's with no problems at all. Others have had some problems that were straightened out by Stihl. I notice that they stand behind their product.
    It has always been reliable for me.
  6. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

Order placed...
    Thanks for the reply. Now I need to find a sucker for my Echo 413, actually I might just keep it for a backup for now
  7. Just Mow

from Texas

Hope it works well for you. I do run the Ultra fully synthetic oil in them.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

check the fuel pickup inside the tank. when i got mine it did the same thing took it to the dealer and they found theline was secured wrong and the pickup was to high up in the tank took them about 5 minutes to fix it.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Get the Echo I have never read about anybody having a problem with that model on lawnsite.....not the same with the Stihl 600.
  10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Have you ever compare the blowing power of the two? From the spec, it is close, engine size is close, what is the difference. I read post said BR600 is stronger, also read post said it is not!!!! I am interested in PB755 for sure.:waving: