Stihl Br600 Or Redmax 8000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by delphied, Aug 11, 2007.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Im Leaning To The Stihl. What Do You Think?
  2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

3. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I have had the Stihl for a year and I love it. Plenty of power, lightweight, and blows yer socks off. :weightlifter:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax is top heck we bought another 8000 this week,getting geared up for leaves and fall cleanup,they are all good.
  5. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I own both the Stihl and Redmax. Both are excellent but the Redmax 8000 is noticeably more powerful but a big gas hog. However, the BR600 is a lot lighter and more fuel efficient but not as powerful. For everyday use, I use the Stihl but for clean ups, especially in the fall nothing beats the Redmax.
  6. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Redmax all the way. If you want power.
  7. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

One of my 8K's turned out to be a complete lemon during it's second year of service . A constant headache. My dealer went to bat for me (I was just days past my 2 yr warranty) and I got a new 8001 for my troubles.

I've never used the BR600, but I did try it on for size. It really is a comfortable and ergonomically designed unit. . . much more so than the 8K.

Considering the problems some of the BR600's and 8K's (8001 problems ?) have had, the fact that they are both powerful machines from top-notch companies. . . dealer support would sway me.
  8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have the BR600 and love it...coming from my BG85 there is simply no comparison. Today mine fired up first pull today using choke only...try that with a 2 stroke!!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i am close two pulls on the max one sometimes.
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Well with most of the 2 strokes I have owned I have always had to pull them a few times before starting.