1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl BR600 or Redmax EB7001?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by beaver29, Aug 19, 2007.

1. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there running these two blowers? If so how does the Redmax 7001 compare to the Stihl 600 power wise? I have a Redmax 7001 and I am looking for a second blower to put working.
  2. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I run the 600 with no problems for over two seasons now.

If you do a search you will find all kinds of info on both.
  3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ditto that.

I own a BR600 and have used a RM7001 and I can say that I feel they are about the same in the power department but the Stihl beats the RM in weight and ease of starting, I also like the tube mount throttle and that is something I never thought I would like having, being I was using an Echo PB650 with hip mount before buying the Stihl. I would highly recommend the Sthil to anyone in the market for a new BP.

4. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Myself....I would continue buying the same equipment. There have been many times where a cable snapped, a hose got run over, pull cord broke.....I could always rape one machine to complete another when in a pinch. As for the throttle...I favor the redmax setup.
  5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

.......and the only redmax i've owned that didn't start on the 1st or 2nd pull was almost 15 years old.........and treated like crap! By the way...we seazed it 6 years ago running straight gas.....hit the piston with a hammer and a big allen key..........have been using it ever since.
  6. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

I use to have the BR550 which i wish i did not sell:cry:
    It was the best with all the leaves last year:)
  7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I dont have a 7001 but I do have Redmax stuff. I just bought a BR 600 and I think I will transition to all Stihl as my others wear out.
  8. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

Another vote for the Stihl BR600
  9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

EBZ7001-------------------------------:weightlifter: :cool2:
  10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Redmax eb7001. I will get only redmax for blowers. But stihl does make better trimmers.