Stihl BR600 or RedMax EBZ7001?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlong30, Oct 23, 2007.

1. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Hi All,

I'm in the market to purchase my first backpack blower. I'm 6'0 in height, and weigh about 220.

I'm trying to decide between the Stihl BR600 and RedMax EBZ7001.
    I'd appreciated if someone can give me some insight on the pros and cons between these two blowers.

I'm also looking for these requirements in my blower selection.

1. Parts Avaliablity
    2. Durabilty
    3. Power
    4. Features
    5. Comfort
    6. Fuel Economy

Thanks.

Matt

2. qwaller

qwaller LawnSite Member

The only questionable aspect for your list is durability between the two. All other areas go to the BR (IMO). Redmax is proven durable I believe. BR is still a little early in its career. I recently bought a BR and couldn't be happier with the choice.

3. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

I have a 7001, and have been very happy with it. The Stihl 600 should have the advantage over the 7001 on blowing power and will be more comfortable to wear.

You can't go wrong with either blower; dealer support should play a large factor in your decision. Any equipment will need to be worked on at some point, go with a dealer that will be there for you when you need him.

4. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple of br600's and one that is 2 years old, it was one of the first one's and the only thing I have had to do was change the air filter. They have been very durable so far.

5. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Any idea how much snow I could blow with these blowers?

I have a snow blower, but don't want to hall around a 70lb snow blower, for 1-2 inches of snow if possible.

Matt

6. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both and the BR600 has more power and is more comfortable than the Redmax.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search because there are plenty of threads on this same subject !!!!

8. Tony

Tony LawnSite Member

RedMax is my clear choice as you have no valves to adjust and less maintenance down the road. RedMax has a superior Air Filtration system as well as the air conditioned back pack.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we run both and at first the br600 outblew the 7001, but after a year on the br600 ( the 7001 at that time was 4 years old) started gettng noticably weaker.

The 7001 that I use every day is over 5 years old, and we have changed mabey one spark plug.... it now blows circle around the 2 year old br600

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Never had a problem with the 7001 Redmax. The only reason I wouldn't buy the Br 600 was the early reports of valves dropping which has since been resolved best I understand. So you probably can't go wrong.