Stihl BR600 question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rbljack, Mar 2, 2013.

1. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I bought one of these units about a month ago, and its worked great so far. Love the power, but noticed that it smokes when first started. Is this normal? Ive only run the Stihl pre mixed gas that comes in the cans because I got twice the warranty by purchasing the pre mix 6 pack. Should I be concerned with the inital white smoke that comes out? its just a puff or so at start up, and quickly clears.

2. SwatDawg15

SwatDawg15 LawnSite Member

Its just breaking in. Also the Warranty extension is only for residential use, not Commercial. So the 2 year commercial warranty still applies.

3. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Wouldn't be concerned ours did that when we first got them.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Great machine don't worry about little smoke just fine:waving:

5. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

All that is the oil that is in the engine after the gas has evaporated. IMO this is a good thing you know you have good oil in the engine .

6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I was thinking the same thing .How to get buy with that.

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

thanks guys. I have the FS90R (4mix) also, but I bougt it used and it doesnt do that on start up. Figured it was no big deal, but wanted to be sure. The dealer mentioned the 6 pack deal, so I said sure, but i didnt even ask about the warranty to be honest. I knew i wanted that particular blower...no ifs and or buts....LOL