Stihl br600r Kawasaki 750,wich is the better blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Nov 6, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering wich blower has more power? The Kawy is real nice and lightweight 65cc's. I've concluded the Redmax 8000 is a lot more powerful than the br600; so I'm looking for a lighterweight blower than my 8000's any suggestions between these two?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have never run a kaw, but I have a br600, my chice hands down is to get the kawy:)

3. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

The 600 is very powerful, but i would bet the kawa will last longer. I don't know how the redmax can have much more power than the 600. Currently i have a br600, an echo pb755 and a kawasaki krb400. I like to sample different brands, just to switch it up. I guess redmax will be next, or maybe the shindaiwa.

4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

My BR600 has really been kicking some ass on leaves. I hear people say the rm8000 is a llittle more powerful, but for the weight savings and power combo I'd take the stihl again no doubt. I thought hard about other brands but the stihl was so comfortable and light it won. The stihl is 712 cfm w/pipe and the kawi is 720 w/pipe. Performance will be very similar with the kawi up by 8, weight same 20.9lb., the sthil will probably be less noisy. Kawi probably has a better engine, and the 4-mix is still being proven. Either one is good I say. It just comes down to which one you like better. I really like the br600 :) It looks good, too.

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to own a Kawi 700 and it was a good blower. I now own the BR600 and can tell you that after using it this entire season I'd never own anything but. Good points about the Stihl: It's ergonomic case design prevents it from being snagged on things and when it gets dropped (which it will) it is fairly protected from damage because of this design. I've found it to be very good gas mileage wise and quiet. Oh, and it blows like crazy. One final point, the Stihl will be much easier to get parts for.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Get the Stihl BR420 it is tried and proven......bugs all out of it.

7. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

go with the br600 imo

8. dozerdogue

dozerdogue LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have had 2 KRB700's for the last three years and not once have they ever taken more than 2 pulls to start. They have great power and can even handle a dropping or two without any ill effects. I would have to say that them and my kawasaki weed eaters have been the most reliable equipment I have ever owned.:weightlifter:

9. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I have a redmax 8000, and the Kawi 750 , Compared to the redmax it is a dissapointment, but it holds its own and It is a good unit as far as the weight to power ratio, much lighter and easier on the back then the redmax.

10. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member

br600 we have 6