Stihl Chain Saws

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Total.Lawn.Care, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Both Husky and Stihl are good saws. I had a Husky for quite a few years but my father in law was cutting circles around me with his Stihl 029. So last year I went out and bought the MS310 and now I'm cutting circles around him!!:) Actually mine is just a bit bigger then his, they both cut very well. I considered the MS440 but didn't want to spend that much.

The 270 will be a good saw.

Buck

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I can understand your admiration for the Husky saws. But for me, like all of my lawn care 2-cycle tools, dealer support comes into play. We do not have a Husky dealer close by. Besides, like you saw, everyone has their favorites. I have a good friend in the land clearing business and they use chain saws day in and day out just as you do. He uses nothing but Stihl and does not have problems. I am sure the same can be said for many brands. However, on the off chance something does go wrong and it needds parts or repair, I would rather have my Stihl dealer close by rather than have to drive hours to get to a Husky dealer.

Thanks for the opinions and advice. I think I will like the 270 as well. I am adding it to my Christmas list..............

3. sunray

sunray LawnSite Member

I love the stihl chain saws.I bought a new MS460 with a 25 inch bar about a year ago and nothing stops this saw.
    It is a little heavy if you use it for extended periods of time.
    My first stihl was a 028 farm boss, it is a really good saw but is tired now and needs retirement.
    You will not go wrong with a Stihl saw.

4. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i have nothing but good things about about stihl.i personally use a shindawa and i yhink its great:waving: